Editor-in-chief: Wendy Dunn is a literacy support teacher at Eltham North Primary 

Wendy J. Dunn is an Australian author and playwright who has been obsessed by Anne Boleyn and Tudor History since she was ten-years-old. She is the author of two Tudor novels: Dear Heart, How Like You This?, the winner of the 2003 Glyph Fiction Award and 2004 runner up in the Eric Hoffer Award for Commercial Fiction, and The Light in the Labyrinth, her first young adult novel. While she continues to have a very close and spooky relationship with Sir Thomas Wyatt, the elder, serendipity of life now leaves her no longer wondering if she has been channeling Anne Boleyn and Sir Tom for years in her writing, but considering the possibility of ancestral memory. Her own family tree reveals the intriguing fact that her ancestors – possibly over three generations – had purchased land from both the Boleyn and Wyatt families to build up their own holdings. It seems very likely Wendy’s ancestors knew the Wyatts and Boleyns personally. Born in Melbourne, Australia, Wendy is married and the mother of three sons and one daughter – named after a certain Tudor queen, surprisingly, not Anne. She gained her Doctorate of Philosophy (Writing) from Swinburne University in 2014.

BELL CAPTAINS 2015:

Joy

Joy V. is a joyful and very artistic, award winning poet who loves writing. She likes being in The Bell because she is a captain and because she can express her feelings in a poem within a quiet environment with lots of other amazing writers who give their opinions and help her and she also like being in The Bell because she can block out any negative feelings and give her imagination a second spin….

Aidan

Hello, I am Aidan Rhodri D., a Grade 6 Captain of The Bell who loves writing. I am one of two captains, with the other Captain being Joy van D. . I work on many different projects, including short stories, poems, and The Bell Update, which is posted every week or so on the ENPS website (not on this website), which gives news on what’s happening in The Bell.

2015 Contributors:

April T. is an out-of-this-world, kooky writer who loves being part of The Bell. She enjoys it because she gets to express her emotions through the mind of someone else and because she loves being around people who share the same passion of writing as she does.

Rupert F is a 12-year-old member of the E.N.P.S Bell team. He loves writing and fancies the genres of Persuasive and Creative writing. He loves contributing to the team and always brings up a topic or idea in meetings.

Jin ~ In The Bell, I enjoy writing long action stories and drawing pictures. I love being creative and using different fonts and colors to design my writing. The Bell gives me time to put my thoughts down and I really like being in the team.

Allira:  In The bell, I love to write poems and draw pictures. The bell is lots and lots of fun and I really enjoy it.

Bell Team members 2014

Josh H. He loves writing with a preference for writing poems and stories. His imagination and love for writing has led him to write some amazing poems and stories.

Adair M. s one of the captains of the Bell in 2014.

She enjoys writing short stories and spreading her creativity far and wide. Adair loves being apart of The Bell team and can’t wait to share some of her drawings and narratives with the rest of the world.

Ruby is one of the captains of the Bell in 2014.  She loves to write stories and do poetry. Ruby also loves to draw pictures of people and animals and can’t wait to show the world what she can do!!!

2013 contributors:

Tara D. was one of the captains of The Bell in 2013. She enjoys writing, dancing and basketball.

Annika B. was one of the captains of The Bell in 2013. She loves writing, reading, drawing and, very weirdly, loves spelling and wread. Outside of school, she plays hockey for Doncaster Hockey Club and does calisthenics at Diamond Creek Calisthenics Club.

Imogen M. is part of The Bell team at E.N.P.S . She has been working on illustrating her poems. Imogen loves being part of The Bell. It makes her feel that she puts a lot into her passion for drawing and writing.

Alex .M: I like art and basketball. I have passion for writing poems and dark thrillers. I am 12 years old and in year 6. I like drawing in my spare time. When I am older I would like to be a buyer for a fashion label. Normally I am bubbly and happy but when things get me down that’s when I do my best writing, which is deep and dark.

I like drawing people and animals in my free time. I also like writing poems and stories at home – Gabby.

Annalise loves writing about cute and cuddly animals. She also loves dancing and how The Bell has changed her life.

Oscar loves writing. He is good at stories and poems. Oscar loves The Bell because it gives him a chance to show his writing to others and work with friends. Oscar is working on some short but funny poems like Santa, The Bad Day and The Park.

Mitch S. is 11 years old and goes to E.N.P.S and is a contributor of The Bell. Mitch writes poetry a fair bit and does a writing class every Tuesday after school. Mitch is working on a poem about “The season Winter” and has written many more.